Speciallens overran me with a gigantic batch of Vassen lenses a few months ago, most of which I have to review in one stroke and without any fancy make-up because I'm basically backlogged to winter '11 and it'd literally take me ages to create unique looks for each and every lens. As a secret Final Fantasy admirer (I've never had the chance to play it myself), I was interested in how the so-called Chocobo lenses would look like. They're quite redolent of Dueba's Puffy 3 Tone series except they're two-toned and have a bold limbal ring creating some noticeable enlargement.
The blue's a standard kind of circle lens blue, nothing too striking and rather subtle. The kiwi-like pattern doesn't perfectly blend into my natural eye colour, but since the lenses are rather darkening, that doesn't really matter, as nobody will notice it right away without further inspection. Vassen lenses are normally comfortable, given one takes good care of them, since they tend to easily soak up a lot of lens solution in the case, way faster than other brand lenses do.
Even though they don't list this particular series on the web site (yet/anymore/?), you can drop the staff a note and inquire about ordering the Chocobos. Using my code ANNA888 will give you an additional 10% off your entire order.
Without lenses and the lashes I used, sponsored by Shop And Model
List of products
· Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in Neutral
· Tarte Cosmetics ReCreate Anti-Aging Foundation SPF 15 in Porcelain
· NYX Cosmetics Powder Foundation in Ivory
· Benefit Cosmetics Boxed Blush in Hervana
· M.A.C Cosmetics MSF in Blonde
· Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
· Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Buttercupcake
· Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Afterparty
· Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Fledgling
· Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
· Luxe Black Focal lashes sponsored by Shop And Model
· Sugarpill Whisper lashes
· Philosophy Candy Cane Lip Shine
· NYX Cosmetics Megashine Lipgloss in Dolly Pink
· O.P.I nail polish in Fly
· O.P.I nail polish in Did It On 'Em
There will be five (5) winners, four (4) will be picked at random and one (1) whom I'll personally pick.
The giveaway is open internationally.
The winners will receive one (1) pair of either EOS J-203 Adult (Blytheye) or Dueba Twist Tornado lenses in the colour of their choice (plano/prescription) along with an adorable lens case.
Please leave all your entries in one comment, if you want to edit, don't post a new comment - edit your original one, otherwise I'll have to disqualify you.