4.06.2012

Nehelenia

Mother of all evil in the Dead Moon Circus, Nehelenia aspired to be young forever and eventually turned into a dark soul by devoting herself to black magic in order to make her dream come true. Wasn't that the most beautiful introduction I ever wrote? Everybody nod please. This is the final look for our Sailor Moon collaboration - it's villain/villainess time!

As some of you might've noticed while checking out my senshi look, I don't take my actual inspiration from the character itself, since I don't plan on recreating an anime look, but expressing my thoughts about and view of who I chose to embody. Nehelenia doesn't wear outstanding make-up in the anime apart from blue-based red lipstick and hardly any eyeliner. Surely, I could've paired my look with violet cat eye lenses, but Lens Village recently sent me a pair of GEO lenses I've been dying to try forever, that's what I went for instead. Plus, I don't have violet cat eye lenses at the moment.

When GEO first launched their own circle lenses, they came out with the oh-so famous Angel, Nudy and Bonita series - and a small cosplay range hardly anybody has ever fancied. One will have a hard time finding model pictures for or reviews of those, which is why I've personally been so tempted to finally wear them myself.





GEO's CP-A1 resemble important anime eye character traits: they feature an unusual colour and create a teary halo effect, however they don't enlarge, which upset me honestly said. The look would've been so much better with giant pop eyes and a striking shade of pink because their colour hardly shows, I didn't expect that from the stock picture, though. Comfort-wise, they're average. Despite being thin and obviously containing more than 40% of water, it takes them a long time to adjust to one's eyes, one will probably experience blurry vision for half an hour, in fact I didn't have a single clear moment while wearing those, but it's not as bad as it might come across, it's just unusual and might be confusing/worrying to newbies.







On an important side note: I published a blog post on lens shops I fully support last year and some of you reached out to me asking why I didn't name a certain company Minty actually has made terrible experiences with? Go through the blog post and you'll find out why. Do me a favour, for your own health's sake, and stay away from said company.



List of products
· Paul & Joe Bonbon Face Primer
· Tarte Cosmetics ReCreate Anti-Aging foundation in Porcelain
· NYX Cosmetics Powder Foundation in Ivory
· Lunasol Cream Cheeks Liquid Blush in Tender Glow Pink
· Lime Crime Candy Eyeshadow Helper Primer
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Bulletproof
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Dollipop
· Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette Pressed Eyeshadow in Midnight 15
· Lancôme Définicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Shady Lane Eyelashes


Make sure to check the other Sailor Moon villain/villainess looks out as well!

Phyrra ♥ Prisma
MakeUpBySiryn ♥ Galaxia
Prettymaking ♥ Cere-Cere
Mutokki ♥ Kaguya
Portrait of Mai ♥ Queen Beryl
LadyCrowX ♥ Cyprine & Ptilol
Do Want Makeup ♥ Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon
Erin MacMahon ♥ Mistress 9