3.22.2012

Sailor Neptune

Since Sailor Moon turned twenty recently, a bunch of talented and pretty beauty bloggers - and I - decided to honour Takeuchi Naoko, the mother of Usagi and her fellow senshis by creating colourful looks supporting each and everyone's planet of the choice. I've always had a thing for Sailor Neptune, Michiru, who took my breath away with her stunning turquoise hair, flawless porcelain skin and elegant movements, I was approximately eight years old when I first watched Sailor Moon and instantly fell in love with it, something I share with a million other girls and boys. Coincidentally, I'm a violinist, too, whereas I consider myself the worst painter alive. Deriving from my zodiac, I should've done a look for Sailor Pluto, but oh well, you can't have it all.

It was up to my fellow bloggers and me how to present our favourite fighter. During creating my rather medium-boring turquoise look, my fluffy brush slipped off and created such massive fallout that made me decide to do a semi-transformation look, hence the musty 'blush' and watercolour-like effect around my eyes. Neptune is the soldier of the ocean and intuition, two attributes I tried to recreate by using several shades of blue, turquoise and silver. I took the easy way and transformed myself into a siren-like creature with an innocent look and a powerful aura.









I paired the look with my favourite lenses of all times: the EOS E-203 Adult in green, sponsored by Kiwiberry. Loyal readers might probably sigh at that point because I mention them whenever and wherever I can, recommend them to X and Y and was more than thankful for Kiwiberry recently sending me a replacement pair, since mine is more than three years old. I already reviewed these lenses a long time ago when I first tried out my DSLR and of course the review is comparably deviant from the ones I do nowadays. But feel free to check out my original raving, beware of the duckface.








I must admit I'm more than afraid of crazy-coloured lips on myself. Whilst I can definitely pull off a lot of colours on my eyes and nails, I personally think I look awkward with any other lip colour than coral, red or pink. To be honest I'm not 100% happy with my choice in colour for this look, but it would've been a half-hearted one if I had applied a coral shade instead. Once again I went for Sugarpill loose eyeshadows, carefully dabbed them on my lips with help of a lip brush and finished them off with a clear lip gloss.



List of products
· Paul & Joe Bonbon Face Primer
· Tarte Cosmetics ReCreate Anti-Aging foundation in Porcelain
· NYX Cosmetics Powder Foundation in Ivory
· Lime Crime Candy Eyeshadow Helper Primer
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Midori
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Tako
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Afterparty
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in Bulletproof
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow in Stella
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow in Tiara
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow in Tipsy (lips)
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow in Darling (lips)
· Glamour Doll Eyes Loose Eyeshadow in Fiji Mermaid
· Fairydrops Platinum Type Mascara
· Sugarpill Cosmetics Porcelain Eyelashes


Make sure to check the other Sailor Moon senshi looks out as well!

Phyrra ♥ Sailor Mercury
MakeUpBySiryn ♥ Sailor Pluto
Prettymaking ♥ Sailor Saturn
Mutokki ♥ Sailor Mars
Portrait of Mai ♥ Sailor Venus
LadyCrowX ♥ Sailor Moon
Do Want Makeup ♥ King Endymion
Erin MacMahon ♥ Sailor Jupiter